Cutest blog

Monday, November 10, 2008

GO BIG RED!!!!





It's Husker season!! I know that this means nothing to most of you so let me explain. Come about September, it seems every weekend the city of Lincoln turns red to show support to the University of Nebraska football team. The schools and many businesses have "Husker Friday" in which you wear your Husker gear. Weddings are planned around Husker games; I even heard someone on the radio say. "Well, if you want people to come to your wedding, don't plan it during a Husker game." The first few years we lived here, we couldn't understand the craziness of the fans. Then I attended a football game. It is so fun!!! I'm not a huge football fan but I must admit I am catching the "husker fever." This weekend I was lucky enough to go to a football game with a couple of the neighbor girls. It was about 22 degrees with the windchill factored in. But the Huskers beat the Jayhawks (Kansas) 45 to 35...What else can I say besides....GO BIG RED!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um...excuse me? Did you forget the years you lived in Ann Arbor? Remember the little school here called the University of Michigan and a football stadium that holds over 107,000?

tren said...

Now see, when I was a kid living in Kansas, the Jayhawks were the big thing. Too bad they lost!

Colleen and Justin said...

Cute Scarf!

QnA Drapers said...

It doesn't take long to live in Lincoln and become a husker fan. I want a coat like yours- tell me when they go on sale at your store!

Laurel said...

So... you directed me to your blog in your Christmas card, but you haven't updated in a month. :) Guess you'll have to update more. Thanks for the card! I wish I had enough going on in my life to warrant a Christmas newsletter.