Cutest blog

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pumpkin Run


The kids decided to participate in Lincoln's annual Pumpkin Run. The kids run a mile at a local park. About 300 kids run from each grade level, K-5th. There were massive amounts of children in pumpkin run shirts. This was Ryan and Cassidy's first "race" (although they made it clear to me, it isn't a race..just a run) Both kids ran their mile in just over 12 minutes. Ryan ran with his friend Jonah. Cassidy and I ran with her friends Cameryn, Gabi, Sydney (and Gabi and Sydney's mom, Charlene) **side note** Charlene is a former olympic athlete, and is totally in shape,so imagine my how thrilled my butt and I were to blame my slow running on the girls. We had a great time and are looking forward to the Mayor's Run this spring.

3 comments:

wendysue said...

Hey, a 12 minute mile sounds great to me! I probably would have to just let the kids tackle it on their own!!

Colleen and Justin said...

Way to go! I'm impressed you got up on a Saturday and went running and to Home Depot. You are a super mom!

heather said...

Good for you! I love that the kids wanted to do a run. I hope my kids will be into that kind of thing.