Cutest blog

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Church Activity Leaders

I'd like to put a word in for church activity leaders. When your child is involved in an activity, be it activity days, young men/young women, scouts or a primary activity, please pick your child up promptly when the activity is over. For example, If the activity is cub scouts and it is over at 7:00. This means that you should be at the church at 7:00. 7:15 is not an acceptable time. 7:05 is pushing it.

Now, I am a mother and I know that things happen that you can't always count and on occasion, you will be held up. However, if each person's mother in the group is held up only once every 3 months, and there are 12 children in the group, that means the leaders are waiting on a mother for every activity.

All I am asking is that you be respectful of the leaders time, they have made the effort to provide an activity for your child. You never know what life activities your leader has planned after the activity. Perhaps she has a meeting to go to, or perhaps she has a homework project that needs a little more work, or maybe perhaps she has two crying, sick children waiting in the car for her to finish the activity. (perhaps they are in the car because perhaps her husband is the bishop and perhaps he has interviews that begin at 7:00, the precise ending time of scouts. (see above mentioned example)) and there lays the problem.

Thank you for allowing me this time on the soapbox!! And pick up your kids ON TIME!!

I feel much better now.

6 comments:

Maury said...

I will remember this.

wendysue said...

I think this calls for a reminder from the pulpit. Seriously. I HATED being in our ward YW for this very reason. . .parents would finally wander back to the church oh, 30 minutes late.

Colleen and Justin said...

Yes Ma'am! I will always do my best to do my duty to be on time when picking up my children.

12 more days!

Teuscher said...

well spoken!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I Don't even live in your state and I feel guilty! With that said. I agree and may I forward this to a few select members?

heather said...

I'll second that.