
Who is the grey haired man, you might ask. This is Jeff Fortenberry, my Nebraska Congressman. Why am I blogging about Jeff. No, I don't know him but I think he has a crush on me. This is why....
Phone rings
Me: Hello ( That's how I answer the phone)
Jeff: Hello, is this Karen?
Me: Yes (hesitantly, thinking it is a telemarketer)
Jeff: Hi Karen (notice how he shortens to hi) this is Jeff Fortenberry, your Nebraska Republican Congress Representitive. I am calling hoping to receive your vote in November. Are there any questions I can answer for you personally that will help you make your decision.
Me: Ummm...
Jeff: I'd be happy to answer any questions your have.
Me: I can't think of anything right now.
Jeff: Well, if you think of something you can call me at XXXXXXX (like I'd give out his phone number)
Me: Thanks, you have my vote.
Jeff: Thank you, have a great evening
Okay, maybe he's not stalking me yet, but I definitely think he is interested in something I've got!



3 comments:
Wow, a personal phonecall?!?! Not some tape-recorded message or a campaign volunteer or what-have-you??? I'm impressed. He definitely has a crush on you(r vote).
On a related note, but not nearly as interesting or noteworthy in the slightest, it's kinda fun to get emails in my mailbox from George Bush, Orrin Hatch, John McCain, Sarah Palin, etc...of course I know they're just mass emails sent out to any and every person out there but it's still sorta fun just the same. Oh look, there goes Orrin Hatch sending me another email.
When he mentions you in his next speech I will be proud to say, "I know her!"
What the random. Strange things are a foot in NE.
Post a Comment