Cutest blog

Saturday, August 2, 2008

If I can make it THERE I'll make it ANYWHERE

Our hotel was only 4 blocks from Times Square so we got up the next morning and attempted to see Miley Cyrus on the Today show. We didn't even get close!! We heard people were there at 5 in the morning waiting. We did a lot of walking and a lot of shopping. We were able to get tickets to see Chicago on Broadway. It was really good, better than I expected. We quickly learned that we were not going to be able to "do New York" in a day but we did quite a bit in a short time. Annette was a trooper too. She had had knee surgery 8 weeks earlier, but it didn't slow her down! The next day we rented a car and drove from Manhattan to Long Island. I was so nervous but after a few cabs cut me off I got the feel for how to drive in NY.

Here are my top three rules for driving in NY.

1. Those lines on road are more of a lane suggestion than a rule.
2. If someone stops in front of you, either honk or go around
3. When in doubt - HONK - HONK - HONK!!!!

Laurie's wedding was so nice. Laurie looked beautiful. It was so fun to see her again. The reception was so nice and must have cost a fortune!!! I wish I had pictures but unfortunately my camara stopped working on this day. During the recpetion I was also able to catch up with another high school friend. We had lost touch and she had moved during that time, so it was great to reconnect. The next morning we were up for a 6 AM flight home. Why such early flights, you wonder? Nathan had miles for us to use but it meant that we had early flights. It's amazing what you'll do for a free flight.

So now I'm home and after a week, I feel like I'm caught up....And now so are you!

6 comments:

Teuscher said...

What fun trip! Where on Long Island did you go?

Anonymous said...

Andy has been flying into JFK for the last 5 weeks and has 5 more weeks to go. Had he known he could have met you for a short time. We should probably compare Nathan's and Andy's future travel plans...I bet they would overlap somewhere. Keep AA in mind for the last of the summer...hint, hint.

Colleen and Justin said...

Did you guys plan to dress alike?

Colleen and Justin said...

Did you guys plan to dress alike?

wendysue said...

So funny, I have the same picture with Matt Lauer. . .except without you guys!

Christy said...

I'm totally in NYC right now! Okay, actually Brooklyn (the Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge). Looks like you had fun--and in Chicago, too!