Cutest blog

Thursday, May 28, 2009

SOLD



We received on offer on our house last Friday. After a little bit of negotiating we compromised on a nice offer that we were both happy with. So now the whirlwind begins. The kids finish school on June 4th. The movers come to pack us up on June 9th and 10th. They will load the truck on the 11th and we will drive away from Lincoln on the 12th. We don't have a house in Texas yet so we will go to an apartment until we can get into a house.

The kids and I have had moments of excitement and moments of sadness. We have loved living in Lincoln. It's a great place to raise kids. People are extremely friendly and helpful. We've had great neighbors and have made life long friends. On the other hand a new adventure is exciting. I'm excited to live in a big city again. It will be nice to be closer to family. (My sister lives in Dallas, and Nathan's brother and his wife have toyed with the idea of moving to TX)And we are all anxious to jump into a pool that is convieniently in the backyard.

6 comments:

wendysue said...

A pool in the back yard definitely sounds like a girls weekend trip to me!!

heather said...

That is good news. I hope you guys are able to find a house fast. Good luck.

rachel said...

I am glad your house sold! One less stress. It sounds like you have a crazy time ahead of you! If you are in Houston or Dallas anytime, their grocery stores now sell Graeters ice cream - the BEST ice cream EVER. (Black raspberry chip is my favorite).
I hope you all enjoy Texas.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so happy your home sold. Good luck with everything! Also, Cassidy looks so grown up in these pictures! I can't believe it!!

Maranda said...

That is so great! You are so lucky...the market is great in Dallas. You get a lot of home for your money. Good luck with the moving!

Tori Bennett said...

I'm so glad it worked out so well. I hope you have a smooth move and your kids transition well. I am always amazed how well kids adapt. Sometimes quicker than their parents! Good luck