Cutest blog

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Obsession

I admit it I have two new obsessions.
The first one is Facebook. I was very indifferent to facebook/my space/etc. I felt I didn't have time to do one more thing. I have months of scrapbooking to do, quilts that are waiting to be made, kids that want to be fed...EVERY DAY!! I just didn't have time for one more thing and then (cue heavens opening music) I made a facebook account. I love it. It is so much less time consuming than blogging. I can pop on to facebook for a few minutes and catch up on everyone's status. The scary thing is I think that people really care about my status. I like to change it often to keep up with ALL my fans. So if you aren't on facebook, you should be. You really do have time and if you don't, just stop feeding the kids.


My second obsession is more like a stalking on my part. Through my cousin, Tori, I found Amanda. (I was going to post a picture of Amanda, but I thought that was crossing the line.) Amanda is better than Martha. She scrapbooks, cooks and even gives me free fonts. (When was the last time Martha offered you free fonts?) If the fonts aren't enough to hook you, Amanda teaches you how to cook. I've tried four recipes and they have all been winners. She gives step by step instructions with pictures. Although I LOVE Amanda I am willing to share her with you. But just remember who introduced you. Go to KevinandAmanda.com 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot get myself to facebook. For heavens sake my kids facebook! You will just have to blog every so often for me.
By the way Julia and I love this song.You must be hip. You facebook AND you listen to music that 16 year old girls in Ann Arbor listen to. Too hip for me. 40 year old blah. I miss you and Nathan. Sigh.

Stephanie said...

Leon has just started us in Facebook thanks to some people at his work. I will have to say that I've found some old friends this way, but I'm still a blog fan - don't abandon us blog-lovers altogether.

Tori Bennett said...

Facebook doesn't really do it for me. I'm on, and I have friends, but I don't spend much time there unless some one "friends" me and then I spend a few minutes catching up. I have connected with some high school and ward friends and that has been fun.
If I had to choose though, I'd rather blog. That being said, I'm gonna go look you up and "friend" you!
Don't ya just love Amanda? I have made the Parm chicken a lot, and the kids seem to like it. I also feel so domestic making my own sauce instead of opening a jar of Ragu! That right there is priceless!
And don't even get me started on the free fonts. My computer is on Font overload!
Keep on bloggin- I love the updates) and maybe I'll see you over on Facebook

Maury said...

So let me get this straight... you feed your kids EVERY day?? I better start keeping track of that more.. Or maybe that's what they're doing when I come downstairs after facebooking and there is an entire box of cereal dumped out on the floor and they have their faces in it.

heather said...

Hey, I need your email. I swear I should have it, but I can't seem to find it.

Facebook is quite genius. Low maintenance. My kind of set-up.