Cutest blog

Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Flashback


In honor of the "Friday Flashback" I thought I'd post this picture. I have no idea how old I am in this picture but for as long as I can remember, the Downey 1st Ward had a Christmas program/dinner/activity that included Santa. (This must have been a good year - notice the fancy background!) Santa would always give us these netted stockings that had mostly gross candy in them. Oh, how we craved that stocking! I remember standing in line saying over and over in my mind what I was going to ask for. Of course, when I got to Santa I would have the "Ralphie moment" and draw a blank. I let(or force) my kids to take a picture with Santa every year. It just isn't Christmas without a visit to Santa!

8 comments:

rachel said...

Awww...Karen, you are so cute! Hello. It is fun to see your blog. I love the frickin elephant - that was hilarious. Thanks for sharing.
(Rachel Jensen)

Aimee said...

Yes, I remember seeing Santa every year and those net stockings with the gross candy. Plus there was always some sort of show where we dressed up as elves or riendeer and sang. Good memories!

Patsy said...

I remember those days well. You were such a cute little girl. I didn't know you all thought the candy was gross. I think they still give the same net stockings with the same candy (some of it was left over from Halloween.)

Tori Bennett said...

Awww! How cute are you?

I got your very clever (as usual) Christmas card and had to check out the blog.

If you send me your email address I will send you an invite. My email address is my first and last name(separated with a ".") @gmail.com

Take Care

Maury said...

so cute! I love flashback pictures!

Maury said...

so cute! I love flashback pictures!

Maury said...

sorry for the double up

heather said...

What a cute picture. And I must say you were a striking young lady.